- Has David Ortiz lost a LOT of weight? He looks a lot thinner to me?
- Is Lester just in a funk? He doesn't seem to have much command of his complementary pitches, especially the once-devastating cutter.
- Carl Crawford takes a lot of heat, but he's won games with his legs and his bat, although his numbers aren't good. It's about productivity in the end.
- Can the Papelbon resurgence be maintained? Getting command of his splitter would be huge.
- How many BAD contracts will MLB be prepared to take?
- Can a guy like Derek Jeter play his way out of a first ballot Hall of Fame vote if he has three bad seasons, or does an icon get a free pass no matter?
- How does a mediocre player like Jose Bautista become Ted Williams, with a ridiculous OBP over .500 and SLG over .800?
- I was just going to say Saltalamacchia has been going pretty good. Yard!
- Marco Scutaro, we barely knew ya.
- Is the Tribe for real, or is it just scenes from "Major League"?
- Does any rivalry come close to the Cardinals-Reds now?
- Is the Matsuzaka (elbow)-Okajima (ineffectiveness) era over?
- Who would you compare Adrian Gonzalez to offensively? I don't remember anyone who hits as much to the opposite field. Roberto Clemente?
- Who would have thought? Matt Albers.
- The "fog game" the other night reminded me of Oil Can Boyd in Cleveland. "They shouldn't build a ballpark next to the ocean."
- Last night we had the 7-2 forceout. Don't expect to see that for awhile. Like for-ever.
- It's good to see Jerry Remy in the booth, but I thought Zaun had a ton of potential.
Friday, May 20, 2011
Watching the Red Sox amidst the mercurial season, I have a lot of questions.