Friday, October 17, 2008

Agony and Ecstacy

  • "Wake" then Funeral...NOT
  • The Resurrection
  • "They have a word for it in English-Youneverknow"- Joaquin Andujar
I was on call last night and a patient called about 1 AM... I said "How 'bout them Sox?" He said, "they lost." When I told him about the rally he simply said, "You're %&$ing me." The Sox comeback may not have eclipsed "the steal" but clearly tops my previous other memory, an eight run deficit overcome in 1967 against the Angels...must have been the Los Angeles Angels in ten team baseball.

The two out magic, led by Dustin Pedroia in the seventh, continued with homers by Papi (61 consecutive homerless postseason at bats), Drew, and yet more magic by two out singles by Coco Crisp (8th) and J.D. Drew (9th) turned despair into revival.

As Sean Connery reminded us in "Finding Forrester", there was only one word for it, "remarkable".

No comments: