- Is the offense better around the league or the pitching worse?
- Break up the Marlins?
- Balls are flying out of Yankee Stadium.
- The Red Sox pitching may not be nearly as good as we thought.
- Fortunately, the Yankee pitching may not be as good either.
- Maybe Zack Greinke (ERA 0.00 after three games) IS the real deal.
- You knew Tim Lincecum wasn't going to keep getting lit up forever.
- Lou Groza's five field goals and a Browns touchdown were too much for the Yankees.
- Kansas City. First place.
- Does Gary Sheffield's 500th homer (25th guy to do it) get a steroid asterisk?
- Some think Bob Watson still acts in the Yankees' interest.
- The New Look Giants have a record like the 2008 Giants.
- Manny continues to hit (and field) like Godzilla.
- Anybody wondering whether the balls are juiced?
- Johan Santana sure looks good. Should that surprise us?
- Are the Orioles trying to keep Matt Wieters from reaching free agency earlier by keeping him down on the farm?
- Speaking of catchers...Joe Mauer...get well soon.
- Ryan Ludwick is on a 180 plus RBI pace (yeah, it's early)
- Is Tampa crazy for keeping David Price at Durham?
- The best team in the AL East (by run differential) by a lot...is Toronto.
- Think that Roy Haladay has anything to do with that?
- The worst team by run differential? The Yankees. Okay, so an 18 run defeat yesterday caused that.
- Major league attendance figures? Eyeballing 'em...they're down. The median 2008 attendance was 31K and change. So far, it's 29 and change.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Baseball 2009: Early Impressions
Maybe it's too soon to make overarching judgements about the 2009 baseball season, but we all have our early impressions.