In a rare Patriots' Day win, the Sox nipped Seattle on a Loretta walk-off homer to capture the series 3-1.
I didn't see the game, only the replay (dang that medicine thing) so I have few comments:
1) Trot Nixon looked good hitting, and running, so maybe we've got that one licked
2) Kevin Youkilis legging out the infield hit in the 9th was the 2006 equivalent of 'the stolen base'.
3) It didn't take David Ortiz long to get his swing repaired, including a LONG tater into the right field bleachers
4) Lenny DiNardon't Do It wasn't half bad, at least relative to what we saw previously from Boomer. Rudy Seanez looks less and less like the Answer.
5) Did you ever think you'd be saying 'Mark Loretta walkoff homer?'
In minor league action, Pawtucket lost, but Dustin Pedroia played, and went 1 for 5. David Pauley spun a 7 inning shutout for Portland, and Thomas Hottovy had a six inning whitewash for Wilmington. Jacoby Ellsbury had a hit and two stolen bases to run his total to 6.
The Royals invade Fenway tomorrow night with an ERA in the stratosphere. We can only hope they aren't throwing a rookie the Sox haven't seen before. Lessee, Schilling, Wakefield, Beckett, DiNardo, hmm, must be Clement tomorrow. Warm up the bats Red Sox.