- If you have a typewriter without A, E, and I, you can't write much. That would be Big Papi, Manny, and Mike Lowell. If you don't have Q, X, and Z (Julio Lugo, Coco Crisp, and JD Drew) then you still can write something. But you can also use some different letters.
- My, but doesn't Terry Francona have the horseshoe in the right place.
- Hanley Ramirez is a great player. But you can't get top of the rotation pitching for nothing.
- Josh Beckett again simply magnificent. Six hits, eleven strikeouts.
- Kevin Youkilis has certainly stepped up in the post-season.
- Where's Jeff Maier when you need him, Manny?
- A great day for Yankee fans, as the team they love to hate, lives to be hated longer.
- Do you think Kenny Lofton really wants a piece of Josh Beckett? That's an early TKO.
- Is Chief Knock-A-Homa still around?
Friday, October 19, 2007
Hand Grenades and Horseshoes
Thoughts on a Friday morning as the Sox stave off an elimi-nation (hat tip to Boston Dirt Dogs) game.